Southern Gospel Perspective

My thoughts and opinions about Southern Gospel Music, both past and present. Feel free to comment and criticize...

Name:
Location: United States

2/24/2005

Lack of Interest?

It seems there is not going to be enough interest in a "Southern Gospel Bloggers Awards". I've gotten replies from John Lanier (very positive), Mr. GospelCommentary (positive), and Chris Unthank (negative, I think).

Perhaps it is a little too early for this idea to take off right now. If I'm conceding defeat too soon, let me know. I'd really like to hear from some of the more frequent bloggers (besides John and GC) like Amy Marie, Susan, Avery, etc. If this thing was/is to have any meaning, we need a large participation from the bloggers.

Keep any comments coming...

5 Comments:

Blogger Southern Gospel Perspective said...

Thanks for responding with that, Chris.

I know what you are saying, and there is obviously some validity to it. However, I don't understand why we can't get along! We are all fans of the greatest music on earth!

Anyway, it's not like we have to agree 100% with each other to come to some consensus.

Well, maybe it is just the Polly Anna in me, but I think we could put aside our differences and come together on something nice.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it would be very interesting to see true awards given out. By true I mean.. not your because they are your friend or because they are payin' something. Just an award for excellence alone...

Sally

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The SGN Awards are great, but they are based on just accomplishments of the past year.. so that does limit some people/things...

2:20 AM  
Blogger Southern Gospel Perspective said...

Sally, I have to agree with Chris here and I don't want anyone to think the reason I suggested these "blogger" awards was because of some problems with SGN's awards. I thought it would be a good way of having a very diverse set of nominees and inputs.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me Blog SG, I do hope there is a ways that the bloggers can atleast put together some kind of *top* list... I would be interested in seeing it! If ya need any help putting this together, let me know..

sandra@ardnesdesign.com

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home