Southern Gospel Perspective

My thoughts and opinions about Southern Gospel Music, both past and present. Feel free to comment and criticize...

Name:
Location: United States

10/29/2004

Triumphant

Since this is a SG Blog, I'd better get some SG posts up here.

First of all, I want to say I am a very big fan of the group formerly known as Integrity Quartet.

I think Clayton Inman is one of the best lead singers in the business.
Scott Inman is a wonderful up and coming baritone, and I'm sure his father is very proud of him.
David Sutton is a very talented tenor.
Eric Bennett absolutely BLOWS ME AWAY every time I hear him. His song (He Loves ME) on the Greater Vision Quartets Live DVD is awesome.
Jeff Stice has been one of my favorite pianists since his time with The Nelons.

Having said all that, I just don't like the name Triumphant. Maybe it will grow on me? I hope.

I know many people did not like the name Integrity and there was even some talk of a "hidden meaning". I will plead ignorance to that, but I did like the name Integrity.

Triumphant sounds to me like they should have just won some sporting event.

Either way, I will continue to listen because they are one of the best Southern Gospel Quartets out there.

Comments?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home